The year is just two months old and already rumors of the next iPhone are in full swing. Here are the links to the tech news of note for the week ending February 12, 2017:
- Apple Hires Amazon’s Fire TV Head to Run Apple TV Business - Bloomberg - Apple is making more changes to the Apple TV team. Does this mean new content for the devices?
- KGI predicts wireless charging for all three new iPhones, iPhone 8 requires higher cost 3D Touch sensor - 9to5Mac - Rumors are heating up that this year we may see both an iPhone 7S as well as an iPhone 8, with the iPhone 8 sporting new features, a new design and a significantly higher price tag. I’m not so sure fragmenting the line-up like this is such a good idea. If consumers really want, but can’t justify, an iPhone 8, I think it’s doubtful they’ll upgrade to an iPhone 7S. It could put Apple in a lose/lose situation.
- How I Lost Access To Apple ID (And All My App Purchases) — Chambers Daily - Bradley Chambers shares a weird tale of how he was locked out of his iCloud account due to a perfect storm of events including a mistyped password and a lost recovery key.
- iPad and Mac—the early years - All this - Dr. Drang compares the Mac’s first seven years to the iPad and the differences in the platform. Seven years in the Mac was in a much more mature place, while the iPad has made great improvements it seems to be much more evolutionary.
- Two Bits of Mac Malware - Malwarebytes Labs - Reports this week of two bits of Mac Malware. First, iPad has made great improvements it seems to be much more evolutionary.
- Two Bits of Mac Malware - Malwarebytes Labs - Reports this week of two bits of Mac Malware. First, MacDownloader malware targeting defense industry and also a Microsoft Office macro malware targets Macs be careful out there.
- Automate This: Red alert, shields up! - Six Colors - Dan Moren geeks out his home using automation - I can appreciate all the effort that went into this.
- Sponsor: Agenda Minder - Better Agendas Better Meetings my thanks to Agenda Minder for sponsoring the site this week. If you have a product or service you’d like to advertise please, get in touch.