My thanks to Agenda Minder for being the inaugural sponsor on KatieFloyd.com this week.
Agenda Minder is a personal productivity app for the Mac that helps you prepare for your meetings. After all, a meeting is only as good as your agenda.
Most of us are all juggling too many projects and are attending more meetings than ever. Even for the organized, it can be very difficult to stay on task in a meeting. Even the most well-intended meetings can turn chaotic and unproductive because they don’t have a proper agenda.
Have you ever:
- Forgotten an important question or follow-up only to remember shortly after the meeting ends?
- Lost your preparation notes for a meeting?
- Missed an important agenda item for a meeting that you are running?
- Let a meeting get away from you because someone else hijacked your meeting?
You have your calendar for appointments, to-do lists for tasks, and now Agenda Minder for meeting preparation and agendas!
Agenda Minder allows you to quickly capture the meeting name, date, brief objective, and prep notes, then add agenda items in much the same way with the information you need for the item including time needed, owner, objective, and notes.
For example, if you get an email from a colleague who wants to talk project success criteria at next weeks team meeting. She needs to know what kind and size of test to run to be able to finalize her recommendations to the team.
- Capture the item: Filter for next week to quickly find the team meeting. Add “Success criteria discussion” as an item with “discuss success criteria to define testing needs for next program stage gate decision” as the objective with Kim as the Owner.
- Share the agenda: Two days ahead of the meeting, you share the three agenda items you have for the meeting via email to the team so everyone knows what is needed at the meeting.
- Execute at the meeting: meeting finishes 15 minutes early with the objectives met.
- Simple minimal design that stays out of your way with easy controls to capture meetings and agenda items quickly.
- Find meetings quickly. Filter by today, this week, this month, next week, or even all meetings.
- Sort meetings by name or date.
- Share agendas via Markdown format.
Agenda minder was created by a 20+ year experienced current Fortune 50 technology manager.